Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Toy Camera

A couple of months ago I bought a Holga medium format camera after reading about them. Just for a bit of fun really. They are very, very cheap chinese made cameras, which look and feel like toys. In fact, to be honest, people expect them to squirt water at them when I hold it up. I went for an expensive up-market model with built in flash at £30, but the basic one is available for £20. You really have to go back to basics, and know your metering etc. NOTHING is automatic on it, you have to do it all in your head. Anyway, I just got my first roll of film back from it. I knew I had screwed up when I was unloading the film and had lost some shots, but what was on there was pretty good really. Here are four of the six images which survived. I am going to be playing about with this some more and will post some more pics when I have them.







No comments: