Friday, March 06, 2009

Professional Photographer magazine

I was recently delighted to discover that I had not one, but two images shortlisted for the final of the magazines Professional Photographer of the Year 2008 awards. I had entered many months ago, but had forgotten about it until I got the email through. I have a finalist in the wedding section, and portrait section for a fashion image. I think the final judging has taken place and I've heard nothing so I guess I never won the big prize, but I'm still well pleased with getting two images that far!
These are the two images:
Wedding - Tricia at Clyth Lighthouse, with a matching brolly I 'just happened to have in the car' ;-)

Portrait - Natalie at the old Janetstown school. Just a crazy image I had in my head which meant detroying a (very old and tattered) wedding dress.

2 comments:

Mareike Murray said...

Great use of props - the umbrella really adds originality to the shot! Very well done.

captiv8 said...

Thanks Marieke! Appreciate you taking time to comment :)