Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Abigail & Alan, Glenelg

What a location for this wedding on Tuesday 21st July. Glenelg, up near Kyle of Lochalsh on the West Coast. Abigail Poole & Alan Hughes, who are from County Wexford in Ireland, had gone to great trouble to choose the perfect venue for their very intimate wedding service, and boy did they get it right! The weather was a gamble I guess, but it worked out and when I arrived in the morning and walked out the back where the ceremony would be I was well impressed. I had a really great day, amongst friends, having met a few of them already, including Steph and Brian who's wedding I shot in Cyprus back in April. Now people know I can be quite emotional at weddings but this may have been the worst yet haha. It was a very moving ceremony, and I had to hide behind my camera as a few tears were shed, and it was so bad that when I edited the pictures last night I was off again! Anyway, the weather was great, the sunshine was a worry but the clouds came on time and saved the day!! There was a cool falconry display on the shore before dinner, which had to be cut short as the rain started but everyone enjoyed that. After dinner we sneaked off for another photo session as the light was amazing. Thanks to everyone for a great day - every one of them were so friendly and welcoming, and I really had a great time!

2 comments:

wedding photographer liverpool said...

Some really nice work here, love the skies!

Suffolk Wedding Photographer said...

Wow that looks like an amazing venue for their wedding reception. And looking at the skies very brave :-)

Great picture with the car - it looks like it came straight the brochure! But my favourite is Abigail holding up her veil with Alan in the background - very dramatic and perfect in B&W.

Pat
PatB Wedding Photography