Friday, June 12, 2009

Wedding Workout in Spain

31st May saw me fly out to Malaga in Spain, and then head up into the mountains at Tolox to help teach on the Wedding Workout 2009 course. The course is run by Martin Grahame Dunn, and saw delegates arrive from the UK, Ireland, Denmark and Australia (I think I covered everyone there!). As well as Martin, there were 3 other trainers. Juli Cialone from New York, Michael Gron from Denmark, and myself from little Caithness in the North of Scotland :)

It was a very intense week, with loads of training being covered from pre wedding bridal boudoir, right through to trash the dress. The delegates were an inspiration to me. I was amazed at the slideshow they produced at the end of the Thursday night. They learnt so much in a short time, that I went away totally inspired by them.


The course was held at the beautiful Cerro De Hijar Hotel. It was so hot up there! I went out running and cycled down the mountain into the village and back up one day, and it nearly killed me!


There will be loads of pictures to follow from this adventure but in the meantime - just a bit of fun on the last day. When I get bored I am a bit of a worry :) - spotted a shovel and got Andrew Gransden to shoot this image - thanks Andrew!


I'd like to thank Martin for allowing me the opportunity to help teach on this course and to all the delegates, trainers and models for an awesome but exhausting week!

3 comments:

Tracey said...

I was one of the students and would ike to thank John and the other trainers for their time, patience and not least their inspiration. I think I can speak for all the students and say what a fantastic time was had by all - don't miss it next year.
Tracey

captiv8 said...

Thanks Tracey - I appreciate your comments. Glad you enjoyed it and hope you go from strength to strength!

Stuart Walker said...

Thanks for being such a great tutor John! It was a real pleasure to meet you (and everyone else of course).

Stuart.