Thursday, July 30, 2009

11th July - Peebles


I stayed down in Edinburgh after the Dalhousie wedding, to shoot another one at Peebles. This was the wedding of Lucie Goodman and Chris Goater, who now live in Amsterdam. What an awesome day I had! Although....it was way too sunny :)

Lucie got ready at her mums house in Peebles, along with her very entertaining, if slightly mad bridesmaids. The wedding was at St Peters Church in Peebles, and it was a great service, involving a full choir, which made the whole church vibrate during the hymns. Awesome feeling, and I may have had a tear in my eye...maybe.... :)

After church we did some group pictures down on Tweed Green, before heading up to the fantastic Neidpath Castle for the reception and photography session. What a venue! It's not a ruin, but it's not exactly lived in either - so it has a fantastic run down kind of look to it, with so many great spots to photograph. I checked it out the day before and was very excited about this one! I wasn't disappointed (despite the sunshine threatening to ruin a good day), and we got some amazing images outside and inside. The evening finished off with the best first dance I have ever photographed. Well done both!! And thank you!
Blue Steel anybody......

No comments: