Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Isha & Hiten Gandhi Day One

Last week I was lucky enough to be able to shoot my first ever Indian wedding, which was a real experience. I found it all very interesting and colourful, although at many times I had no idea what was going on - I need to consult with Google now to figure out about all the ceremonial bits and pieces and what they signify. I never worked so hard in my life, and I am dreading the editing part as there are almost 5000 images to sort through!. My average wedding is between 600 and 800 images so this was intense. It was over 4 different days and there was so much going on I just shot everything. Some of the ceremonies were great to photograph with so much colour and energy. I've just selected a few random images from each part of the 4 days, just to give a taste of what was going on, so this is day one. Apologies in advance for any errors with spelling or whatever as I am new to this :)


Isha's Mehndi or Henna night.
This was great to watch actually, a very talented artist indeed, and I couldn't believe how quickly and accurately she applied the henna. It must have been so tricky for Isha as she couldn't use her hands at all, so well done Karen for feeding her and dealing with itchy noses etc ;)



No comments: