Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Another Year Comes to an end!

Well, that's it for another year. It's been a great year again, and I have so many great memories from it. I have been lucky to share in the most special day in the lives of so many people, and I think that is the best part of my job. Somebody recently said to me after a bridesmaid was wiping her eyes "Why do people cry at weddings?", to which I replied "I cry at half the weddings I attend and I don't even know the people.". It's a really great feeling to play a part in a special thing like a wedding and I feel very privileged to have felt these emotions with all my 'couples'.

I have met some pretty amazing people and made a load of new friends again over the last year and I hope this will continue into 2009. I have a few big events coming up in the year, starting with the SWPP Convention in London in 2 weeks time. This year I will be doing a two hour masterclass on wedding photography, which will go into all the details of how I work on a wedding, from brides home through to the reception. I'll then be doing a 4 hour superclass which will go deeper into how I work, and cover the different techniques I use to produce the images I do. I'll also be shooting a trash the dress session on this class. I'll also be on the judging panel, so a busy week!

After that I have a seminar in Dublin in February then I have been lucky enough to book a wedding in Cyprus which will be pretty amazing, and then have a training course over in Spain with my good friend Martin Grahame-Dunn and Juli Cialone, which I can't wait for! We are also doing some workshops in Canada in October which I am going to be part of, so all exciting stuff!

I hope to be able to announce a few small workshops of my own around Scotland in the coming months and I hope there will be lots of interest in that!

I'd like to thank EVERYONE who has helped me and supported me in 2008. Friends, family, colleagues, you know who you are! To all the many photographers worldwide who regularly contact me through emails and forums - your compliments and encouragement are one of my main sources of inspiration and I am very grateful for that.

I hope 2009 is a great year for everyone and hopefully despite the recession we will all continue to prosper!!

Happy New Year!!!

No comments: