Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Oban 20th December

Travelled to Oban for the wedding of Paula Nicholson and Martin Yeoman. It was a bad journey down as the heavy rain had caused a lot of flooding in the area and the roads were very dangerous in bits. I was a bit worried about the weather for the following day as it was so dark and wet. On the day however it was beautiful AGAIN! Can't believe how lucky I have been this year with the weather. I've shot outdoors with every single couple!
The wedding today was at St John's Cathedral in Oban. I'd never been there before, but what a wonderful building! It was great. The minister (apologies as I cannot remember his name) was a lovely chap and exactly the right attitude. I've had a few run-ins with ministers over the year and it's a shame that one or two have such a power trip when it comes to the couples big day. Today's one was an absolute gentleman though and I want to thank him for being so accomodating. The couple went with me up to McCaigs Tower for a few pics just as it was getting dark, which was good fun. I just wished we had more time! The reception was at Argyllshire Gatherings and we went back there to finish off the family pictures and the other parts.

No comments: