Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Caroline & Richard Wedding Photography in Cyprus!

I was lucky enough to be flown out to Cyprus to shoot the wedding of Inverness couple Caroline Gannon and Richard Davidson. I was in Paphos in April shooting and it was hot but this was a whole new version of the word hot! I was only over for a couple of days so didn't get much time to enjoy the island this time, and spent most of my only day off on various buses travelling around Coral Bay and Paphos due to some dodgy information dished out at my hotel about where to go to meet Richard and Caroline, but we eventually managed to meet up and visit the venues. They were staying at the Aquamare Hotel and Spa in Paphos, and that's where the day started, with the getting ready pictures. We then had a 30 minute taxi ride (which I slept for 27 minutes of) up to the wedding venue - the magnificent Coral Beach Hotel & Resort up at Coral Bay. They got married at the hotels own Ampitheatre, which was lovely but had no shade so boy was it warm! It was a small family wedding, and I really enjoyed it, and had some great laughs with everyone and some great memories. At sunset we went down to the rocks and jetty below the hotel for some pictures before eventually heading back to Paphos. I had to fly back the next day for my next wedding so it really was a quick visit, but once again I really loved Paphos and will return soon again!
The couple had their reception back home in Inverness a week later in the Lochardil Hotel and I was back there for the fun!
Thanks to Caroline and Richard for taking me out there and letting me be part of it, and thanks to all the rest of the family for being so much fun.

No comments: